Are you in the market for the best vacuum cleaner under $100 but are concerned about quality and functionality? We’ve all been there – thinking we are getting a great deal on something only to find out it doesn’t measure up or it breaks down in a couple months. Fear not, our experts have tested best cheap vacuum cleaners and you are sure to walk away with a product that suits your needs, meets your quality expectations, and of course your budget.
When choosing the best vacuum under $100 first choose your preferred design. A stick vacuum is typically compact, lightweight, and easy to store, but often lacks power compared to other designs. An upright model may deliver enough power but can be difficult to get to those hard to reach spots. A canister is a happy medium between the two. We’ve also reviewed the attachments and technical details to further assist you. So let’s get started on saving you some cash with cheap vacuum cleaners.
The performance and the price, here are the basic subjects of consideration in buying any tool for home. In a case of cheap and good vacuum cleaner, we must determine our needs and a potential workload for a cleaner.
The never-ending problem of every housewife is of course, tight spaces. They are hard to reach, always dusty and more importantly, dangerous if you have children. Indeed, the amount of bacteria these tight spaces have is mind boggling. It is of utmost importance to keep everything clean, but we all know that vacs are quite expensive.
Hence why we conducted a research where we focus on the best affordable vacuum cleaners in the industry. We picked cheap and good vacuums that will surely satisfy your needs. Prior we begin, it is vital to understand that it’s hard to expect something good even from the very best budget vacuums under $100, but rest assured as there are models that can tackle even the trickiest needs. You’ll be surprised how many cheap vacuum cleaners there are, and how many of them are pretty good, especially considering the price.
Selecting a decent vac is a robust process that requires a lot of attention and careful calculations. The market is flooded with all kinds of vacs, and it can be hard to decide what fits you. Thus, to ease things up, we decided to outline a set of characteristics that you should take into consideration. With this mini guide, you’ll learn how to find the best budget vacuum cleaner money can buy, as well as you will be able to outline what you need from a vac in the first place.
So, take a sit and answer these simple but important questions:
- How large is your dwelling?
- How many carpets you have on a floor and walls and what kind of furniture you use?
- Do you have enough storage space?
- Do any pets live with you?
- How many guests visit you or how often do you like to have parties at your home?
If the answers are: not that big, one small carpet on a floor and furniture with leather or plastic upholstery, not that much of storage place, no pets(or a small one with short fur), no guests and parties at all, than best economical vacuum cleaner with a price under $100 is what you need.
The basic reason for purchase is that such cheap cleaners provide up to 80% of the performance shown by the top brands, so you save approximately two-thirds of the price while getting almost the same productivity. Just compare, you pay $100 and save $200, but you still get 80% of the performance of the best brand vacuum cleaners! Good value for money and a great deal for quality!
And keep in mind, in some features cheap vacuums have even better characteristics than their more expensive brothers.
So, it worth to try. Two hundred saved dollars are never needless.
Different Types Of Vacuum Cleaners
As the title suggests, the market offers different types of good inexpensive vacuums, but you should know that there are only three main types of vacs. The first one is the stick, which is not very powerful but offers excellent mobility. Next comes the upright vac that is powerful and quite comfortable. The third one is the Canister class which can be described as a happy medium between the stick and the vertical model. Lastly, there is the autonomous one. These are expensive and those that are affordable, do not provide the same functionality and effect as their older brothers.
Common Types of Floor
When Considering modern trends in the house-building industry, it is safe to assume that your place features a combination of different types of floor. The most common combination is wood, ceramic tile, and laminate flooring. When picking up the budget vacuum under $100, bear in mind that each floor has its own set of drawbacks. Wood is afraid of wet cleaning and over time can develop gaps. The laminate, on the other hand, is prone to gap development but gets scratched easily. Lastly, ceramic tiles are the most durable, but hard to clean due to grout lines. Also, if the tile glue has worn out, they sometimes might pop-up if the suction is powerful enough.
There are a lot of variables to consider here, and not all of them are important. When picking an inexpensive vacuum, keep in mind that it is like buying a new washing machine. All you need to know is how much air watts each class offers. So for the stick vac, 120 AW is enough and will most likely fit all your needs. For upright one, 210 AW is more than enough, and lastly 100 AW for the autonomous. Bear in mind that high power level is great only when you need it. If you use a powerful cleaner, you might end up damaging your carpet.
Air filtration is perhaps the most critical part. Each vacuum cleaner comes with a filter. However, not every one of them delivers the same level of filtration. The most effective one is the HEPA filter, although they are not familiar with budget models, thus you second best is the Allergen filters. They are not as effective as the HEPA, but they do just as good. They are designed to cover even the smallest particles and are often found in budget vacuum cleaners under $100. So, long story short, if you see a cheap vacuum cleaner with HEPA installed, go for it if no then the Allergen ones will get the job done.
Vacuum cleaners under $100 come with a slightly different warranty than their pricier counterparts. Budget-friendly vacs come with a two-year warranty at best. Expensive vacuum cleaners feature a more extended warranty that covers all kind of scenarios, thus don’t expect anything like this in a budget model. The budget-friendly warranty does not cover damage made by the user. Therefore, if you end up breaking something, you’re on your own. Although some retailers offer an extended warranty that will cover the issue. So, prior making a purchase, study their policy and pick one that suits you the most.
Bissell 9595A CleanView
as a vacuum for hardwood floors under $ 100
The basic concept of Bissell 9595a is in these three things: cheap, easy to use and quick to clean with One Pass Technology.
It is just designed for those who work a lot and do not have much time to waste for cleaning.
That is why it is #1 cheapest Bissell lightweight vacuum cleaner in its segment on Amazon after getting several thousand reviews from real customers.
- One Pass Brush for only one initial pass on carpet or floor
- Multi-Cyclonic Suction System, which provides maximum power
- TurboBrush Tool for Stairs and Upholstery, which gives an easy reach to difficult areas
- easy to clean filters and dustbin to know
- a 25-foot cord
- quiet in working and has no “swivel action” unlike other vacuums of higher price.
- The minuses of the model are not very obvious and depend only on a customer’s habits and preferences.
It is the best hoover vacuum for pet hair; it has been rated 4.4 out of 5 by Amazon 4,000 customers.
BLACK+DECKER CHV1410L 16V
— the best for spot cleaning carpeted floors
BACK+DECKER CHV 1410L vacuum cleaner is a piece that designed for people who do not care much about superb functionality but do care about their pocket.
- 14.4-volt lithium ion battery
- Rotating nozzle
- 2-stage filter – a plastic mesh filter that blocks out larger dirt and an inner cloth for blocking smaller debris
- Battery holds charge for up to 18 months
- Cyclonic action to maintain suction even a dirt cup is full
- Uses 50% less electricity because of the small charge feature(as B&D states)
- Built-in crevice and brush tool
- Despite the small battery, it still has very good suction
- Built-in tools lessen the chances to misplace them
- Cheap(under )
- 2-year warranty
- Built-in battery can not be replaced
- Small dirt cup
- Locks in the extendable nozzle gets pushed back when pressure is applied
- Small nozzle
BLACK+DECKER CHV 1410L vacuum is designed for a spot cleaning and cat litter; its nozzle is sufficiently big for medium-sized pieces of dirt, but not for any heavy stuff. But very good suction power and a run time up to 30 minutes make it a loved thing by most of the customers who gave their reviews, and 92% of reviewers recommended this vacuum to their friends. So, it is worthy to try; it is lightweight, portable and very functional.
VonHaus 2 in 1 Vacuum Cleaner
- the best stick vacuum cleaner
This cheap stick vacuum by VonHaus is a multi use device that can break down into a hand vac or used as a standard stick vacuum. It features a sponge HEPA filter wish is easily washable to retain its filtration capabilities. We’ve found this appliance works well on carpets and is handy for doing stairs, but it glides over hardwood flooring with ease.
As a smaller unit it may not be practical if you clean an extensive area but your spine will definitely appreciate it as it weights about 5.5 lbs. It comes with the necessary attachments but has a smaller 1.3 liter canister which may need to be emptied frequently.
- Lightweight and easy to use
- HEPA filtration that’s easy to maintain
- Includes all the necessary attachments which fit easily
- Dual use as a hand held or standing stick vac
- Small canister means frequent emptying
- May not pull up deeply embedded dirt or pet hair
If you’re looking for the best budget stick vacuum this may be a product worth buying. We liked that it easily breaks down to a hand vac which is helpful for cleaning up small messes or the car. We did find it may not be the best if you have lots of pet hair but we appreciated its HEPA technology for those who are allergy sensitive.
Armor All 2.5 Gallon Wet/Dry Vacuum
- best cheap canister vacuum
Are you looking for an affordable wet/dry vacuum that is portable? Check out the 2.5 gallon model from Armor. You’ll appreciate this unit around the garage or when cleaning out your car.
The 2.5 gallon tank is sufficient to keep you picking up piles that may accumulate and It features a durable filter nested under the motor which is easily cleaned by spraying down with a hose.
It only features a 2hp motor while larger shop vacs tend to have 5hp, but the benefit is in its small size and it wont take up much space. Not to mention one of the best prices on vacuum cleaners. It also includes edging attachments which are good for picking up fine molecules. Here are the details on this unit.
- Wet vac cabability to clean up liquid spills
- 2 Gallon canister doesn’t require emptying much
- Compact shop vac that is easy to use without
- Canister can get in the way of cleaning
- Not as powerful as larger wet/dry appliances
Our recommendation is this may be one of the best prices on vacuum cleaners for buyers who want a wet/dry vac for their car or garage without the bulkiness of a full sized unit. It features enough power for standard jobs and can clean up any puddles that accumulate. Be sure to check this out for those needs.
Bissell Upright Bagless Vacuum Cleaner 1831
- best vacuum for pet hair under $ 100 on the market
In our review for the best cheap vacuum cleaner for pet hair, our experts came across this product from Bissel. The Cleanview, comes with assorted attachments, sufficent power and best of all, it is reasonably priced. We particularly like that it comes with a pet grooming brush to keep our fluffy family members will groomed. The results being a complete fur ball management system. This unit features cyclonic suction technology which retains all dirt in the unit for healthy breathing air.
Testing the unit we found the canister can sometimes get in the way making it difficult to get under objects. The materials are also of low quality so you should handle with care. With that in mind, we like that is bag less and is clean to empty. So what more can we say on this unit?
- A cheap pet hair vacuum
- Cyclone technology retains clean air
- Pet grooming brush included
- Canister can get in the way of cleaning
- Materials are not the highest quality
The Bissel Cleanview may be the best cheap pet vacuum for those who are on a budget. It includes all the necessary attachments and has good suction power to dig out hair. We caution that you may need to move some furniture to access all your surfaces and to be careful when handling the machine as the plastic parts may break if you’re too rough.
- best cheap stick vacuum
Are you looking for the best in expensive stick vacuum on the market? The Blaze from Eureka may be the best option. This lightweight vacuum is cheap, easy to store, and can tuck away anywhere. Furthermore, the unit is also adjustable to transition into a hand vac as well as a stair vac making this a very versatile unit.
Users appreciate the swiveling head which makes it a breeze to use whipping around furniture and getting into tight corners. With all these features at such an affordable price, this appliance makes our lest for the best vacuum cleaner under 50.
On the downside, consumers report that this unit under performs for thick carpets and is ideal for hardwood floors and matted rugs.
- Very lightweight at 4 lbs
- Swivel head is highly maneuverable
- Rock bottom pricing
- 3-1 multi uses
- May underperform on higher pile carpets
- Short cord at only 15’
Our team recommends the Eureka Blaze for those with, smaller areas and flatter surfaces to pick up. The multi uses make this device a universal unit that will work well for portability and different situations.
Shark Rocket Hand Vacuum for Carpet
- cheap lightweight vacuum cleaners
We’ve reviewed this Shark Rocket hand vacuum and were pleased with its lightweight, ease of use, and that is doesn’t loose suction. To tackle your cleaning the unit comes with a crevice tool and two brush attachments.
We appreciated it had a special pet attachment which is useful for cleaning up after our furry friends on the upholstery. The unit is a bit on the small side which is an advantage for ease of use, but we found the power to not be as strong as standard appliances. Keep this in mind depending on your cleaning needs.
- Very lightweight at 4 lbs
- Swivel head is highly maneuverable
- Rock bottom pricing
- 3-1 multi uses
- May underperform on higher pile carpets
- Short cord at only 15’
This may be a great option if you’re looking for the best vacuum for cheapest price. It comes with enough accessories and is versatile in use. The pet brush is an added feature you may not find with other discount products. The power may not be as strong but overall this unit is a great deal for the money.
Bissell CleanView Plus Rewind Upright Bagless Vacuum
- best budget upright vacuum
Our team hit the market to find the best upright vacuum under 0. We came across this model from Bissell which includes a multi level filtering system that captures allergens. This is a nice feature for those who are sensitive to airborne particles.
It also includes a 25’ automatic rewind cord so you don’t have to worry about tripping over and wrapping up the cord anymore. Reviewers have found it fills up fast and the materials are not the best quality, but at the price point the device works as expected.
- Double filtration system is good at keeping in allergens
- Retractable cord compliments its ease of use
- Good value for the money
- Handle with care as the materials are not so durable
- Canister needs to be empties frequently
Finding the best inexpensive upright vacuum isn’t always easy with so many products that promise and don’t deliver. You may like this device if you want a cheap option that does its job, has a decent filtration system and is easy to use.
the best lightweight upright bagless vacuum cleaner for stairs under $ 100
As a rule, the biggest portion of your attention during home cleaning is given to floors and carpets.
Upholstery and stairs (if you have any) stay aside for some reason or are not cleaned properly.
There is a nice tool to solve this issue.
Eureka Easy Clean Hand Held 71B Corded Vacuum is perfectly just designed for stairs.
Its price less than beats the competitors.
- strong suction(70 on a water lift gauge) and powerful 5 amp motor
- RiserVisor System for easy cleaning of vertical areas
- quietness and lightweight
- flexible hose and crevice tool with a motorized brush with its motor, ideal for picking up pet hair
- washable filter
- it is bagless
- small footprint to be stored in limited space
- easy fingertip controls
- it fills up quickly
- have some problems on contoured areas like in cars
- in some way messy to clean up
As it is seen, this really cheap vacuum cleaner is cool in thorough cleaning of stairs and all the crevices in a home. The ideal combination of a price and power.
Dirt Devil SD20000RED
as the best lightweight vacuum for carpet under 100
Dirt Devil has applied a lot of time and effort to design efficient stick and broom cleaners, which should be not only lightweight and conveniently small to reach difficult areas.
Dirt Devil Vacuum Cleaner SD20000RED is among the best sellers on Amazon and is rated by customers 4.6 out of 5. It has even some features, which 0 models do not have!
Here are basic features
- Ultra lightweight, only 3.8 pounds. Size: 7 x 9 x 40 inches. These dimensions relate Dirt Devil Simpli-Stick vacuum as one of the best among the stick models for hardwood floors
- 16-feet power cord
- Consumes only 1.25 Amps
- 1-year warranty
- Dirtlock Technology
- Has rolling wheels and convenient cord wrap
- Can be converted as a hand-held or a utility vacuum
- No money to waste on dirt bags
- Perfect for small rooms
- Filters are washable and easy to replaced
- Good suction power and makes medium noise
- You have to assemble it
- Although there are 3 options for what you want to clean, there is only one speed
- The height is only 40 inches, which might be a bit short for those who are above medium height.
As a summary, if you decide to buy this one, be ready to get exactly what you will pay for. It is nice to make some local cleaning of a small mess. But a tough job over all huge dwelling must be reserved for a inexpensive heavy duty vacuum. After all, remember, you have happened to eat a pizza more expensive than this pretty decent lightweight vacuum for carpet under 100!
Hoover UH20040 Sprint
— the best affordable vacuum for tight spaces
Hoover states that the Sprint QuickVac will have minimal loss of suction because of multiple-cyclonic technology which keeps dirt away from the filter when the vacuum is turned on, so it maintains suction performance even if the dirt cup gets filled with dirt.
Main features of Hoover Sprint QuickVac UH20040
- 23-foot power cord (no cord rewind)
- 5-foot hose and a total of 7 feet above the floor cleaning reach
- Has 3 height position adjustment – low, medium and high that can clean different floor types
- 2 filter system – a washable main filter plus a secondary HEPA filter that prevents microscopic dust
from coming out
- Performance check indicator that lets you know when to clean the filter
- Comes with an extension wand and a combination brush/crevice tool
- Has a HEPA filtration system
- Lightweight, just 12.5 pounds
- Washable primary filter is washable, so this is cost saving regarding running expenses
- Wide 12.5-inch cleaning path
- Versatile – comes with a wand plus crevice and brush tools to clean nooks and crannies
- Very cheap for an upright
- Long 23 foot power cord
- Small dirt capacity
- No cord rewind
- Relatively short 5-feet hose
- Has not a motorized brush for pet hair
Good budget vacuum for small homes and offices with bare floors and low pile carpets.
— the best cheap car hoover under $ 100
Black+Decker BDH2000PL is a relatively new product to the market and has a few improved features in comparison with previous models.
It is powered by a 20-volt lithium battery, has a flap inside a nozzle to prevent debris from falling out, a charging base that allows storing a vacuum upright, a removable dirt cup, has 35 watts air flow, a cyclonic action which maintains suction power even the dirt cup gets full.
- Strong suction (35 air watts, while the DC44/59 has 28 air watts on normal mode)
- Small footprint
- Lithium battery does not get discharged when not in use
- 2-year warranty
- Easy to empty
- Battery can be replaced
- Minimal power fade throughout the charging cycle
- Has 15 minutes of run time without fading in suction power
- Does not clean the edges very well
- While vacuuming under furniture or in the areas where the dog or cat uses to hide, the air flow can rise a fine mist of dirt
- Can not clean pet hair from carpets(has no special brush)
- Is not a vacuum for floors, needs extension
Black+Decker BDH2000PL vacuums is a great tool for small and medium-sized home or for cleaning messy spots and cars. At the current time, there are not any negative reviews of this product. It means that Bissell has made a great hit for us!
Hoover WindTunnel 2
- best cheap upright vacuum
The WindTunnel 2 from Hoover is an all around cheap bagless vacuum cleaner. What we liked about this unit, you won’t have to worry about dust spewing out in the house with this unit. It includes HEPA filtration technology. So if you suffer from allergens or asthma this is a benefit.
The WindTunnel 2 gets its name from the dual power suction technology it uses to root out deep grime. It features many attachments and does a good job if you have pets. Buyers do report that the hose extension does not have the best suction and the cord is a bit short requiring to re-plug it in often.
- HEPA filtration, which is not common on units this cheap
- Dual suction system is optimal for picking up debris
- Automatic rewind cord for added convenience
- The cord is short requiring to be moved often
- The extension hose lacks the power of the main attachment
If you’re in the market for the best inexpensive vacuum cleaners, the WindTunnel 2 could be a good option. Its main brush features good, power, it comes with the necessary attachments and surprisingly it is HEPA complaint at such an affordable price. We rank this a buy if you desire the features.
We know that it’s hard to expect something good out of a $100 vacuum cleaner, but we picked cheap and good vacuum cleaner out of the vast amount available today. The models mentioned above are considered to be best there is as they are manufactured by reputable firms and after our testing; we can assure you that they are indeed, reliable and effective.
As you might have noticed, our review provides an in-depth look at each model. Yet, we did not outline the best budget vacuums under $100 because we think that it is you who should pick the one you need. Indeed, you know better what you need; our mission is to review the most popular ones. We hope that our thoughts and test results will help you out and in the meantime, thank you for reading our extensive post and look forward to our new reviews.
You can be the first.