Best upright vacuum cleaner
Tidying makes apartments cozy. But sometimes the household chores requires far too much exertion. The best upright vacuum cleaner is the essential assistant. Motorized, rotating brush pulls pet hair, powder and grime bits as small as 0.5 microns, making models perfect for people with asthma and allergies.
As each model of vacuums has its own merits, we submit the key features to weigh, based on years of expert testing and usage. To make your choose perfect, consider technical parameters, the set of basic and additional functions as well as cost and design.
So don’t be shy to test your preferred hoover. Where one is able to outmatch the others don’t.
- 1 Following characteristics of tools should be considered:
- 2 Dyson Ball Complete Upright Vacuum
- 3 Shark Upright Vacuum
- 4 Bissell Upright Vacuum
- 5 Hoover Upright Vacuum
- 6 Electrolux Upright Vacuum
- 7 Panasonic Upright Vacuum
- 8 Kenmore Upright Vacuum
- 9 Dirt Devil Upright Vac
- 10 Eureka Upright Vacuum
- 11 Oreck Upright Vacuum
- 12 Canister vs Upright
Following characteristics of tools should be considered:
Upright vacs are well-known standard machines where the motor and the sucking head are put in the one joint. On average, these models are generally cheaper than canister ones. Motorized brushes provide efficient mopping and extensive cleaning radius. The junction from uncovered floors to rugs is controlled by the user directly. As there are no additional kits, the storage is easy. There is no need to compile the set before applying.
- Lightweight upright vacuum. If you are hunting for such a cleaner, give attention to Bissell and Dirt Devil. Compact parameters make mopping hard-to-get spaces easy. The machines require little storage space. Be free from allergens!
- Cordless upright vacuum. For those, who prefer such models we suggest looking at Dyson series. The models grant a broad range of additional tools, large cleaning radius and perfect accesses to all nooks and crannies.
- Commercial upright vacuums. Oreck has quite a superior selection. They have good reach and versatility, wide mopping path and large bags for debris.
- Upright vacuum for stairs. There is nothing better than Panasonic, Electrolux or Shark for this option. The models fit for any kind of surface, ideal for bare or carpeted rungs. Cord extender and long hose allow long reach.
- Upright vacuums for pet hair. For pet owners we advise – Dyson Ball, Shark or Kenmore, they will be precise due to special attachments that provide excellent trapping of fur. HEPA filtrating system embroils allergens and hair.
- Upright vacuum for hardwood floors. Electrolux or Eureka are top notch options. Quick mopping with extensive mopping outline. Models have a careful design, high-grade features, and solid
- Upright bagless vacuum. Let’s have a look at Hoover Vac or Eureka. Modern System Check Indicator helps the customer to check for hidden dirt. Permanent HEPA filter system and hermetic bin tightly lock dirt, dust, and fur.
- Bagged upright vacuums. Among the most well-known are Kenmore and Miele. The bags do not require often change: due to a great capacity each one serves for a half of the year. The customer receives several intensity settings, nimble vac, and the perfect reach at a reasonable price.
Dyson Ball Complete Upright Vacuum
The model is well-known for its sucking capacity. You will be unpleasantly surprised at how much fug, filth, and bacteria is kept in carpets.
Has the certification from the “Asthma and Allergy Foundation of America”, and perfectly defends from micro scintillas that make you allergic. Performs greatly on hard floors either.
Hard-to-reach corners are now in the past. Dyson Ball Complete Upright Vacuum uses Ball and Radial Root Cyclone technology for productive and rapid sweeping. The 35ft cord allows you to get access to any interstice and gives contaminants no chance to stand. Hygienic chamber: just pull the button to empty it.
Dimensions: 36x12x10 inches.
- Self-adjusting tidying brush is fitting for whatever floor type.
- Consigned for lessened noise rates.
- Strong power roller almost turns the hoover into a self-propelled unit.
- Tangle-free turbo kit withdraws fur from carpets and upholstered furniture without
- Special tool for steps.
- Manufacturer warranty guarantees up to 5 years of smooth and unimpeded work.
- High price.
- Heavy weight.
- Requires intensity to maneuver the vehicle.
- The imbibition is not controllable, almost too powerful for some types of carpets.
- No location on the vehicle to put all the kits.
- Difficulty in keeping the hose stretched out to use it with the extra tools.
Perfect for spacious, big lodgment and for pets owners. Consider available budget, although the price is reasonable. Countless positive commentaries are the top-flight estimation for us.
Shark Upright Vacuum
Shark upright vacuum is a genuine master of diversity. Fur, dust or fug? Carpet, floor or maybe curtains or even car? Neither particle of litter has a chance. Anti-Allergen Complete Seal Technology and a special HEPA-filter are perfect for embroiling dirt and allergens inside the can. The dust chamber is comfortable to clean and pick. Just push the key.
Premium Pet Power Brush gathers pet fur, and flinders; deeply cleans scurf from any space.
LED headlamps give you great grip for handling around furnishings.
Hoover is excellent for quick tidying stairs, upholstery, and tiny hard-to-reach corners. Covers each nook, crevices and ceilings, closets and basements.
Make your life easier with remarkable productiveness and kits for about any situation. Control the suction capacity for lighter tapises, carpets, and drapery. The ultra-quiet operation allows running in any place, anytime you need.
Palliated construction with turning driving readily dances around and under any furniture. A special-long hose and cord furnish good reach and versatility. Dusting fetlock and cleft kit out-and-outer surfaces are included.
The machine is properly-designed. The wider tidying surface, larger capacity, and longer lacing are certain traits that are deliberated outbalancing to the steersman. The 5-year warranty guarantees long-time rendition. The gear is handy to use and maintain.
- The machine is constructed for allergy sufferers and pet owners.
- LED headlights spotlight every small bit of mud.
- Able to clean any type of surface with the help of additional kits.
On the other hand:
- The hose and the coed provide small
- The option of suction control is not envisaged.
All in all it is incredible to get such a hoover considering cost and pros.
Bissell Upright Vacuum
Dust differentiation arrangement traps dust corpuscles and keeps the washable filters pure.
Hoover is well known for its suction capacity and performance.
Five height adjustments provide cleaning for particularly any kind of surface.
- Triple Action Brush Roll provides deep purifying.
- 15’ tidying outline saves time and speeds up cleaning.
- Perfect for carpeting and sheathing.
- 5 height regulation.
- Washable strainers save your money: replace filters less often.
- Possibility to keep kits onboard.
- Dust differentiation
- Decreases the number of
- Tidies practically any type of surfaces from rugs to tile.
- Rotating cord holder allows releasing the entire quickly.
- Portable construction makes the hoover facilely to maintain.
On the other hand:
- Loud motor.
- Lack of auto rewind cord.
- No HEPA filtration.
- Short wand extender isn’t enough to reach under furniture.
- Lacking in additional tools.
- The design of the device is not consigned to maintain the additional kits on the body.
- A small dust
- LED Head lights are desirable.
- 2-year limited warranty.
The name, the color, the design, the light weight and the modern look for the money you cannot beat it. The model is deserved to buy. The light weight and practical functional provide the excellent outcome in household chords thanks to large intake and fetlock rotation. A lot of benefits for really low price. The model is to become a remarkable assistant to any housekeeping.
Hoover Upright Vacuum
The model matches the precise definition of a normal hoover.
A power brush, dusting brush, and crevice kit are included.
Hoover upright vacuum weighs 18 pounds and grants useful specifications such as a vent line and tame rug stockpile control.
- Excellent efficiency on taking away coupled mud.
- Perfect for trapping pet fur.
- Stable: does not bend.
- Proper absorbing and nice strap guide/brush control.
- Comfortable to compile.
- Intuitional control buttons handily set just where they needed – straight at fingertips.
- System Check Indicator tells you when the filter should be purified or examined.
- Automatic lacing run-back made for perfect storage.
- Wind Tunnel Technology brings up and disposes of surface waste.
- Constant HEPA filter.
- Bagless: no need to interchange strainers and bags.
- WindTunnel technology also provides the increase in vacuum effectiveness and potency.
- Sealed chamber can be entirely removed effortlessly.
- High price.
- Poor quality hosepipe.
- Only one extension is accommodated.
- Shows poor performance on hard floors.
- Minimal packaging.
- Deficiency of additional kits.
- Model is not suited for stairs due to heavy weight.
- No on/off brush regulation.
- Suction decreases with time.
- Extend mug around while using on the bare
- The need to use hand or a screwdriver for emptying out the chamber.
- The dust bin is hard to evacuate.
- Limited 2-year warranty.
- Durability is questioned due to plastic construction.
- Motor overheats quickly and takes a long time to start over.
- Difficult adjusting for various carpet depths.
In the case of searching for an efficient and easy to control hoover think over buying this vac. Hoover UH70120 is recommended for those who don’t own pets. The machine shows excellent performance on relatively new carpets with medium to medium-high pile height. Nevertheless, this product has a big amount of negative reviews.
Electrolux Upright Vacuum
The model is competitive with all luxury models and, in many cases, far exceeded any expectations. The Electrolux Upright Vacuum is the proper format, reasonable grade of capacity and excellent pursuance.
Be prepared for innovations: Brushroll Clean Technology picks intricate hairs and jammed items from the brush roll and places it into the litter bin with the press of a lever.
Multi-cyclonic system – that what makes the process of cleaning almost effortless.
- Expand hosepipe and cane give up to 12′ of extra tidying possibility.
- The 3-in-1 kit provides reach to crevices and steps.
- HEPA filter gathers fug, dust, and allergens.
- Long cord gives extra reach.
- Thoughtful design, high-end features, and sturdy construction.
- Comfortable to grip handle goes with a mighty sucking and power regulation.
- Switch modes allow you regulate regime for carpets and bare floor.
- The pellucid litter chamber comes with a removable, washable filter.
- Manufacturer’s Warranty: 5 years
- Works poorly on a solid
- Heats quickly.
- Heavy array and proportions make the model less maneuverable and hard to hold.
- The head, blue lights on the front aren’t clear enough.
- The wand is not prepensed ergonomically to switch back and forth.
- Low air impact while using the additional tools.
- Difficult to maneuver around furniture.
- The plastic construction doesn’t look solid.
- The limited number of height settings makes tidying a bit tricky.
All in all, the vacuum performs fairly well on carpets. It has either very positive reviews either very negative. Consider this model as an option if you are sure that the pros outweigh the cons. Electrolux hoover tends to have reasonable cost with a wide variety of functions.
Panasonic Upright Vacuum
Panasonic upright vacuum is suited for use on all the surfaces. The machine provides powerful suction. The ergonomic design permits convenient operation, and quick direction with one twist of your wrist.
The model has a shrinking wand and an extending hose that gives perfect reach. Two wands, a crevice tool, dusting brush and an air turbine are embedded to make tidying comfortable and cozy.
The multi-floor vacuum adjusts for carpet height. HEPA filtration system guarantees good tidying results and increases air quality. This Panasonic hoover has a motor protection that places fur and mud corpuscles deeply into the bag.
- The model provides a low level of noise operation.
- Powerful suction powered by 12 amp motor fits for all kinds of surfaces.
- The multi-layer filtering system increases the filtration
- Fan breakage problems are eliminated by design.
- Cord extender is 24’ long with the automatic winding back.
- The QuickDraw On-Board attachments allow cleaning furniture and hidden corners.
- 5′ gives a range for high ceilings.
- The other kits are conveniently attached to the hoover as well.
- Significantly reduces recirculation of dust and allergens.
- Comfy for brushing of all types of furniture, window frames, baseboards, stairs.
- The air-powered revolving brush roll tidies upholstered furniture, steps, and drapes.
- Clean easily in low light conditions.
- The tool and extension is quite a bit small.
- Very heavy.
- The hose tends to flop off its holder.
- Takes up a lot of storage space in the closet.
- Can leave marks all over trimming.
- The cleaner is hard to maneuver.
- Poor design does not allow to roll over the rug, floor transitions or carpet runners. It just pushes them and jams.
- Warranty for only 1 year.
The vac does the job, but it’s not easy to pace over the floor for a quick spruce up. Panasonic is offering nicely designed hoovers with many additional tools. The model MC-UG471 is an average example. The performance and the affinity are fair enough for the price range. Good and easy to use and very simple to maintain.
Kenmore Upright Vacuum
Kenmore Upright vacuum worthies your money. It not only gathers powder and shivers on the floor it equally well perfumes smoothly on carpets.
With a four-position height adjustment, included, crevice tool, pet hair attachment and telescoping wand, there are no places you can’t clean.
- The model cleans on all surfaces with the help of a great variety of additional tools.
- Carpet pile adjustment makes it easy to get out fur and dust from the deep layers.
- Best for clearing across the board.
- An included dirt sensor tells where there’s cleaning still required.
- Top rates for issuance and airflow.
- A HEPA filtrating system is embedded.
- Highlights are a con.
- A 35’ cord gives a pretty long reach.
- The 3D disposed engine inside the brush excludes the need for a belt.
- All the tools are handily stored right on the sweeper, and they’re easy to put on and take off.
And now about drawbacks:
- The weight is heavy, so maneuvering and bypassing the obstacles is limited.
- Too powerful output makes it hard to pull backward.
- The hoover is cumbersome, so, be ready to prepare enough room for keeping.
- It is one of the loudest vacs.
- The hose is really short with no flexibility and does not fully stretch when the vac is on.
- The hoover doesn’t fit under most pieces of furniture, and tends to overbalance while applying the widening hose.
- The swivel steering is not included.
- Add the cost of the bags.
- A 1-year warranty is not enough for the equipment.
If profound tidying is your superiority, the Kenmore 31150 is a perfect selection. Consumer Reports gave this best vacuum the highest rating. Excellent multi-surface performance. Good agitation and suction power brush deeply even shaggy carpets. So, this vacuum is great for carpet but has major limitations for other uses, mainly due to the short hose.
Miele Upright Vacuum
The type of engineering and creativity of the design will impress you greatly. The model is specially constructed for pet owners. It has an excellent suction capacity, and it automatically adjusts to the circuit of the surface.
Purchasing this trendy vacuum cleaner will treat you to various accessories such as a dust brush, crevice tool, built-in telescopic wand and a hose. For this Miele, you expect nothing short of a classy feel whenever you dare each of these accessories.
- The bags do not need frequent replacement due to a large capacity.
- Each of the bags lasts up to half a year.
- The filter-change indicator automatically tells when the bag is full and ripe for disposal.
- A rotary dial helps to adjust the power of the hoover.
- Comes with a 7-year warranty on motor and casing, and 1-year warranty on all other parts.
- A Turbo brush jet can achieve deep tidying.
- At the head LED lights are fitted to illuminate tight and hidden places.
- Reinforced ergonomic handle makes handling lighter.
Motor protection indicator.
- Maneuverability is not an issue because it is fitted with 360-degrees swivel front wheels.
- The power cord is 39 ft. long.
- The hose also measures an additional 12 ft.
- The model goes with two motor systems.
- 4 different power settings provide adequate increase or decrease in power.
- Don’t worry about pet odors, the AirClean system has activated charcoal which absorbs and ultimately neutralizes all the unwanted pet odors.
- The model is relatively quiet.
- The brush is too small and off center, so one side of the vacuum cleans better than the other.
- Clogs easily.
- The corners and turns clog the hose.
- The model has no mechanism for handling larger pieces accidentally sucked up.
- Very heavy and takes a lot of exertion to drag it up and down.
- Ordinary side purification.
- High-priced bags and mighty power usage.
- High initial cost.
- A lot of room is needed for storage.
The vac is potent, versatile, efficient at picking pet fur and nicely featured. The size of the Miele makes it difficult to recommend. It is heavy to bear around, and it requires strength to get and keep moving. Besides, it doesn’t tidy quite well up to the margins of plinths, though the outlet and general productivity are significant.
Dirt Devil Upright Vac
- Ultralightweight and measures.
- Can be used as a hand-held or a utility vac.
- Comes with rolling wheels and convenient lacing roll up to 25 ft.
- Bagless. Easy to empty dust cup without making a mess.
- Ideal for medium areas.
- Comes with a built-in crevice kit.
- The filters are washable and replaceable.
- Helpful customer service.
- Has a good suction power and produces a medium sound.
- Low price.
- Comes with a wand widening that gives the supplemented reach.
- Powered rotating brush bar.
- Numerous design issues.
- Roller brush is adjustable.
- Four options from bare floor to fluffy carpets.
- Touch Cord rewinds it with the push of a button.
- Total On-board Tool Kit.
- Is not suited to work with pet fur.
- Has a 1-year limited warranty.
- Small dust bin.
- Scatter dirt while tidying bare floors.
- Easily tipped over.
- Not easy to attach dirt bin to the hoover.
- The unit isn’t supplied with a brush roll option.
- High dust emission, blown towards the user.
- Messy bin emptying and filter cleaning.
- Quickly clogged Turbo Kit.
- The switch is hard to transport from one floor type to the other.
The vacuum has great sucking potency, comes with additional kits. Easy to keep and easy to clean. For its price performs just as well as models that cost 2-3 times as much.
Eureka Upright Vacuum
To the contrary of other uprights models in which the air moves through an intricacy of leggings, Eureka is constructed so that the air flow made by the motor moves directly into the orifice thus supplying far better intake.
The model fits for sweeping steps, upholstery, blinds, and cracks.
- Long 27’ retractable power twine and 12’ expanding hose give a perfect range.
- The attachments can snap on and ride onboard.
- The system of two filters locks the dirt inside.
- Quick tidying with wide 13-inch mopping outline.
- Good in deep purifying of both rugs and unclad floor with its brush roll option.
- Has benign gum rollers to decrease the risk of scrabbling wood or laminate flooring.
- Generous assurance up to 3 years.
- The overload protection is the real benefit of the model.
- The vac requires much space to store it.
- Turbo brush kit isn’t efficient enough in tidying soft furnishings.
- Due to the massiveness have troubles while using under pieces of furniture.
- Rigid to transport around.
- Troublesome and noisy.
- May be rather tough to poke and turn.
- The belt may demand the frequent change.
Moderate weight for an uprights model and low price make it a significant selection. Also, it is universal so that can be used both on upholstery and steps, bare floor and carpets. It gives reasonably adequate coverage to tidy webs off the ceiling. Good for allergic people. It cannot be argued that it is one of the greatest options for bagless uprights on the market.
Oreck Upright Vacuum
This is a cheap, profitable model, but it does its job perfectly on carpeting. The side brushes are helpful for picking up fur and debris, particularly around skirting or furniture.
It’s designed with ergonomics in mind.
- Weighs 8 pounds.
- Cleaning path covers 12’ with each sweep.
- Low profile construction provides reach and flexibility under the furniture.
- Uses a bagged system that makes disposal less messy.
- Side brushes improve skirting and margins tidying.
- 35-foot lacing.
- Hand controls for easy access
- Strong suction and brush roll.
- Not very expensive for a pro-grade.
- Long power cord.
- Perfect for deep cleaning of fur.
- Large bags for debris.
- Low price.
- Added expenses on belts and bags.
- No headlights.
- No swivel steering.
- Not capable of above the floor tidying.
- This is preferably used on carpeting only.
- Can not be used on steps due to the lack of the special kit and the hose.
- The cord is not automatically retractable.
- Very noisy.
- A 1 year warranty.
The Oreck brand is believed to produce nice machines that get the job done properly. The model doesn’t have modern design or the great variety of functions, but it cleans up mud, sludge, allergens, powder and all the repugnant matters. Those, who are searching for a deep cleaning, should consider this model as an option as it clears any carpets scrupulously.
Canister vs Upright
The good hoover helps to create a better tidying practice.
To decide on a proper machine model, take into consideration the price, the kind of cleaning and the types of surfaces.
Take into account maneuverability, power, additional kits, reach, etc.
- Have lower cost.
- Wide tidying path, motorized brush, and long lacing.
- Gives a user good reach
- Show better performance on carpeting.
- Compact design that can fit into small closets or in corners.
- Can be operated without preparations.
- Easy storage.
- Have heavy weight and less maneuverable and that makes sweeping the stairs a tricky challenge.
- May cause damage to edges and parts of throw rugs.
- The models have limited access under furniture.
- Usually, these models have less additional tools.
- Not designed to allergy suffers.
- Powerful, have intake and stream-rate preferably.
- Designed for hard-floor surfaces and large areas.
- They are far more flexible and easy to handle.
- Have a good coverage around and under pieces of furniture.
- The models are recommended for allergy sufferers due to sealed HEPA systems.
- Kits are located either in the bin or on the wand.
- The Awkward shape may be hard to store in tight spaces.
- Smaller bin rollers may stuck in thick carpets.
- Not constructed for immediate use.
- Sometimes require changing tools when going from carpet to bare floor.
- The volume of chambers is lower than in bags.
Besides the price, flooring, and storage considerations other variants must be considered. If you need to select one, there really is no right choice. It’s just a question of what suits individual needs best at the current moment and in the nearest future.