There are many misconceptions regarding the treatment of bed bugs and we are here to give you reliable information on the best vacuum for bed bugs. What could be worse than dealing with a pest infestation in your home? Nothing can be more annoying than these small creatures. They get into homes through the tiniest openings like cracks and crevices you might not even be aware of. We will give you everything you ought to know about vacuuming bed bugs.
Here, you’ll find such useful information as:
- Top of the line bed bug vacuums of 2019, their pros and cons
- Important features that smart shoppers look for
- How to eliminate bed bugs with a vacuum cleaner
- Telltale signs of bed bug infestations in your home
- Reasons to use a vacuum to remove bedbugs
A vacuum is more effective for the removal of dead bed bugs rather than killing them. If you want to use a vacuum on live bed bugs, use the end of the vacuum wand to scrape the affected areas. With sufficient suction power, your vacuum will successfully suck up the bugs, even in hard-to-reach places where they might be hiding.
Buyer’s Guide: Choosing the best vacuum for bed bugs
Just because bed bugs seem inexorable, you don’t have to give up. As long as you have the right knowledge and equipment, exterminating them is easy. At Bestvacuum Reviews, you will get updated on the latest bed bug vacuum to eliminate bed bugs for good. Also, we provide expert advice on precision techniques for handling any pest situation. If you are short on time? Quickly go through our comparison table to get an overview of the top 5 vacuum cleaners to get bed bugs out.
While there are other methods of fighting against bed bugs, only a few are environmental-friendly and useful. A bed bug vacuum makes the whole process more efficient. Remember, pests stay in hard-to-reach spaces. If you spot bed bugs on clothes, know that many more are hiding in the mattress seams or tiny crevices in your furniture. Using pesticide sprays can miss those areas so you should consider using a vacuum to attack their favorite hideouts.
Generally, you’ll find two options when choosing the best vacuum for bed bugs: bagged and bag-less vacuums. We highly recommend bagged vacuums because they come with a detachable bag. After cleaning up the pests, zip them up in the bag and dispose of them properly. The problem with bag-less models is they can infest your vacuum if not washed properly. To avoid re-infestation, you must clean the canister with hot water to eliminate hatching eggs.
Our vacuum cleaners offer a number of features including:
- Hose attachment: allows you to reach even the tightest places
- HEPA Filtration: this system catches 99% of germs, dust, and pests, leaving clean healthy air behind
- Removable canister: ensures the bed bugs don’t escape once they are sucked up by the vacuum
Find out what else you should focus on when buying a vacuum.
What features are important for a vacuum for bed bugs?
- Product size and weight
For easy handling and convenience during cleaning, look for a compact bed bug vacuum cleaner designed where its weight is evenly distributed. You also want a vacuum height that is proportional to your body size. A lightweight vacuum makes your work easier, particularly when cleaning up awkward areas.
- Suction Power
The suction power of a vacuum cleaner is denoted by RPMs and is generated by an electric motor. Powerful machines remove bed bugs more effectively. So, you should look for a higher RPM value that will make sure the bugs hiding deep inside mattresses and upholstered furniture are reached with ease. Some motors are capable of producing up to 110,000 rotations per minute, making them more powerful than a formula 1 engine.
- Dirt Bin Capacity
Whether you kill bed bugs with a dryer or prefer hot water to kill bed bugs, you must pull out the dead bugs and their eggs to achieve complete extermination. Also, you want to dispose of the pests in a hygienic manner. A dirt bin facilitates hygienic disposal of bugs and dirt. Look for a dirt bin with a larger capacity and a compact frame. The greater capacity allows you to clean up the bugs without emptying the vacuum. Also, check for a disposal mechanism, such as a quick release button for improved hygiene.
- Accessories provided
After killing bed bugs, you need a number of accessories to accomplish a thorough clean up. A motorized mattress tool, dusting brush, crevice tool, and a nozzle combo come in handy when exterminating bed bugs.
|Item||Size||Weight||Dirt Collection||Accessories||Suction Power|
|Eureka EasyClean||7” x 15” x 8”||4.85 pounds||Bag-less storage||detachable dust canister, hose, motorized brush, integrated filter, crevice tool||5.5 amps motor|
|Dirt Devil Scorpion Quick Flip Corded Hand Vacuum||6″ x 8.8″ x 12.8″||3.75 pounds||Bag-less design||
Shoulder strap, extension, Upholstery Tool, Sliding Brush,
Quick Flip Crevice Tool,
|7 amps motor|
|Shark Rocket Ultra-Light||
10.5” x 9.8” x 46”
(25 ft. high)
|7.6 pounds||Bag-less: 0.118 gallons dust capacity||Sturdy cleaning wand, dust-away brush, pet upholstery tool, crevice tool, car detailing kit||500W|
|Dyson V8 Absolute Cordless Stick Vacuum Cleaner||9.9” x 8.9” x 49”||5.75 pounds||
0.54-litre bin capacity
|Replacement brush kits, mattress tool, soft dusting brush, stiff bristle brush, wide-nozzle brush tool, connector adapter, washable filter, mini-motorized tool||115AW|
|Shark Rocket DuoClean Ultra-Light||10.2” x 9.8” x 46.4”||9.9 pounds||
Bag-less design with
0.25-gallon bin capacity
|Bristle brush, soft brush roll, hair removal tool, TruePet motorized brush, a multi-angle dusting brush, wall mount storage, tool clip, Under-appliance wand, upholstery tool, carry bag,||600W|
|Bissell Cleanview Upright Bagless||3.2: x 13.5” x 44”||15.4 pounds||2-liter dust cup capacity||Turbobrush, extension wand, crevice tool, dusting brush||
|Eureka NEU182A PowerSpeed Lightweight and Upright Vacuum||13.4” x 14’ x 44.5”||10 pounds||
Bag-less design with
4-Liter dust cup capacity
|Quick-release handle, deluxe stretch hose, extra-long crevice tool, upholstery tool, dusting brush||8 amps motor|
|HoLife Cordless Vacuum Cleaner||17.1” x 7.5” x 6.1”||3.27 pounds||0.6-Liter dust capacity||Charging Station, Crevice Tool, Washable Filter, Clean Brush, Rubber Jar Tool, Dusting Brush||6Kpa|
|Dyson Cyclone V10||9.8” x 10.2” x 48.9”||5.05 pounds||0.14 gallons dust canister||Crevice tool, Docking station, Combination tool, Torque Drive Cleaner Head, and charger||151W|
The Best Bed Bug Vacuums We Reviewed
Are you tired of dealing with insecticides to control bugs in your home? A bed bug vacuum could be your best solution. We normally test the products before publishing their reviews to ensure you get the best in the market. Here is a list of our favorite products.
This is a portable high-power hand held vacuum manufactured by Midea. It is a wonderful bed bug remover for those who are not concerned about fine crevices. You can use it anywhere – in the house, garage, stairs, or car. Its suction power is excellent for its size but you must detach the accessories and use the head alone to achieve optimal power. It comes with various accessories which we shall highlight below.
- Suction and brush motors
- 5.5 amps suction power
- Accessories: detachable dust canister, hose, motorized brush, integrated filter, crevice tool
- Twenty-foot cord
- 1-year warranty
- Convenient dustbin for easy emptying
- Efficient brushes for picking up pet hair and lint
- Powerful motors for pulling out bugs
- May not reach tiny crevices
With a 20-foot cord, you can reach a wide surface area when vacuuming bugs without unplugging it. Overall, the Eureka EasyClean is a decent performer given its price.
Here is a little vacuum measuring 6″ x 8.8″ x 12.8″ and weighs 3.75lbs only. This corded vacuum by The Royal Appliance comes with a 16-foot cord that facilitates easy bed bug removal from couches, mattresses, or any other infested area.
- 7 amp motor
- Red design
- Accessories: Quick flip crevice tool, 2.5ft hose
- Bag-less construction
- 3-year warranty
- Easy to operate
- Lightweight and compact design
- Impressive suction power
- Easy maintenance
- It requires an adapter since it doesn’t come with a DC plug to use in the car
Apart from the striking red design and affordable price, the Dirt Devil Scorpion is popular for a powerful suction power that beats most canister vacuums of its price range. It is a great option for anyone who needs an exceptionally efficient hand vacuum to eliminate bugs and debris on various surfaces.
The shark Rocket HV302 is one of the best Shark models currently available on the market. It is a sleek and versatile bed bug vacuum cleaner that can be used anywhere and by anyone. If you want successful bed bug removal, this easy-to-handle vacuum is what you need. Its powerful suction plus the swivel steering are features that make the Shark Rocket versatile and easy to control. Note that it is designed for upholstery and rugs and may not work perfectly for carpeted areas.
- 2-speed brush roll for two powerful settings
- 30-inch extension cord
- Weighs 7.6 lbs
- Versatile handheld stick
- Operates at 120 V / 60 Hz
- Swivel steering mechanism
- Washable filter
- Dust capacity: 0.118 gallons
- Bag-less dust bin
- Accessories: sturdy cleaning wand, dust-away brush, pet upholstery tool, crevice tool
- Wall-mount hook
- High versatility and easy maneuvering around furniture
- Powerful suction power
- A convenient handheld option
- Great for tight spaces between appliances and stairs
- Includes a wide variety of convenient accessories
- The filtration system is a little weak
Are you considering vacuuming bed bugs with a bagless vacuum? The Dyson V8 Absolute is a promising cleaner with improved runtime and convenient bin emptying. It tops many cordless vacuums that Dyson has ever manufactured. Think of any vacuuming tool and Dyson V8 provides it – including a fluffy head for hard floors and detail cleaning accessories.
- Cordless design
- Dyson V8 digital motor
- Soft roller cleaner head for resilient floors
- Direct drive cleaner head for carpets
- Instant release trigger
- Washable long-life filter
- Mini motorized tool for stairs and furniture
- HEPA filtration
- 115aw suction power
- Uses lithium metal batteries
- 2-Tier radial cyclone
- Bag-less design
- 40 minutes max battery life
- Size: 9.9” x 8.9” x 49”
- Weighs 5.75lbs
- Excellent air filtration
- Long battery life
- Super quiet
- Upgraded bin emptying
- Performs better than most AC powered vacuum cleaners
- The provided mounts can only accommodate 2 attachments
Dyson V8 Absolute Cordless vacuum has everything great about its predecessor (the V6) and takes cleaning up a notch. Its radical improvements make it the best cordless vacuum you can have today.
The DuoClean Ultra-Light vacuum is another machine by Shark that pleases many consumers given that it has a 4.3-star rating on Amazon. Here is a detailed review of this lightweight vacuum.
- Sizes: 10.2 x 9.8 x 46.4 inches
- Weighs 9.9 pounds
- 30 ft. power cord
- Triple particle cleaning technology
- Requires lithium ion batteries
- Accessories: bristle brush, soft brush roll, hair removal tool, pet multi-tool, wall mount storage hook
- 4.6 lbs handheld vacuum option
- LED light on the ground nozzle
- Easy-to-empty dust canister
- Quick release foot pedal
- A wide variety of accessories
- A low profile nozzle for reaching below furniture
- Lightweight design for an upright vacuum
- Removes bed bugs effectively from carpets
- Easy to access and washable filters
- Some tools do not fit onto the handheld unit or the wand
Despite a few negative aspects of the Shark rocket DuoClean vacuum, we love it for its ease of use. It may look like a mere stick but it is highly acclaimed as far as its cleaning performance goes.
The Bissell 1831 CleanView, is our top pick for the budget. The affordable vacuum from BISSELL HomeCare, Inc. does a good job eliminating dead bugs from carpets. With 8amps of air power, it is one of the most powerful bed bug vacuums in our review.
- Weighs 15.4 lbs
- Measures 3.2: x 13.5” x 44”
- 6-foot hose
- 25-foot power cord
- OnePass technology
- Accessories: Turbobrush, extension wand, crevice tool, dusting brush
- Multi-cyclonic cleaning system
- Automatic cord rewind
- Multi-level filtration
- 8 amps suction power
- 2-liter dust canister with an easy-to empty mechanism
- Mess-free disposal
- The Turbobrush agitates dirt, bugs, pet hair, and debris in upholstery and carpets
- Great suction at the hose end
- Very quiet
- Good value for money
- It may scatter debris when vacuuming bare floors
Bissell is a leading brand when it comes to home appliances and this CleanView 1831 is proof. If you don’t mind a little bulkiness, it might be your best buy if you are looking for cutting-edge vacuuming technology to clean up bed bugs.
One of the most important things about Midea Floorcare is a wide range of budget-friendly appliances like this Eureka PowerSpeed vacuum cleaner. Find out why we’ve put this vacuum in the list of our top picks of 2018.
- Size: 13.4” x 14’ x 44.5”
- 5 height settings
- 8 amps of suction power
- 12.6” wide nozzle
- Weighs 10 lbs
- Accessories: quick-release handle, deluxe stretch hose, extra-long crevice tool, upholstery tool, dusting brush
- 4-Liter dust canister capacity
- Can clean multiple surfaces so you don’t need to buy specialized vacuums
- The 5 height adjustment settings are convenient for tile, rugs, and hardwood surfaces
- A wide nozzle improves the efficiency of each stroke
- Easier to maneuver than comparable models
- Powerful suction motor
- The quality of the extension hose could be better
The Eureka NEU182A PowerSpeed doesn’t weigh a lot, making it an easy-to-maneuver vacuum cleaner for bed bugs. It would be a great choice for a small house and carpet.
This lightweight handheld vacuum from HoLife will allow you to pull out any bed bug including those that are burried in hard to reach areas. It is ideal for those who want to maintain hygiene in their cars, dorms, and houses.
- Powered by a 14.8V DC Li-ion battery with 3-5 hours charging time
- 30-minutes of operation at full power
- 90W motor
- Vacuum suction power: 6Kpa, 22W max
- Noise: 78dB
- Dry and wet usage
- 0.6-Liter dust can capacity
- 3.27 pounds
- Accessories: charging station, crevice tool, washable filter, clean brush, rubber jar tool, dusting brush
- A wider cleaning scope thanks to a long battery run-time
- Built to last
- Very portable design
- Cleans bugs without a hassle at a low noise level
- Hygienic disposal
- Limited liquid capacity
If you have been searching for a compact, cordless, lightweight, and reliable handheld vacuum, you will love what HoLife has in store for you. The vacuum cleaner performs great on staircases, corners, car interiors, carpets, and around wall edges.
This is the latest version of a cordless stick vacuum by Dyson. Do you want to know why it is more famous than any of its predecessors? Here we go.
- 151W of max suction power
- Dustbin capacity: 18 oz./0.14 gallons
- Dimensions: 9.8” x 10.2” x 48.9”
- Accessories: crevice tool, docking station, combination tool, torque drive cleaner head, and charger
- Weighs 5.05 pounds
- 60-minute run time with the non-motorized tool
- Instant release trigger
- Powerful direct-drive cleaner head
- Fully-sealed filtration system
- Soft roller cleaner head
- 3 power modes
- Lightweight and versatile
- Saves battery power with an instant release trigger
- Large dirt bin
- Not too noisy
- The filtration system traps 99% of microparticles and leaves clean healthy air behind
- Short vacuuming time at MAX mode
The cleaning performance of The Dyson V10 is impressive – much better than the V8 or V6. In our opinion, it is a great vacuum for a wide range of cleaning tasks but too expensive.
Frequently Asked Questions
Now you know the best vacuums for kicking out nasty bugs. Perhaps, you are not sure how to use a bed bug vacuum let alone the right way to kill bedbugs. Here are the answers to your burning questions.
I. How to get rid of bed bugs
Can you vacuum bed bugs and expect them to never come back? These bugs are a significant challenge mainly because they reproduce rapidly and are so good at hiding. A single treatment method is not always sufficient. The success of your extermination method depends on the general hygiene at your home, the conditions of the neighboring buildings, and the extent of the infestation. Complete extermination can take months. Follow these steps to if you want to eliminate bed bugs quickly.
- Identify the cause of the infestation
- Come up with a strategy
- Inhibit further infestation
- Prepare your treatment
- Kill the bugs through heat treatment, for instance
- Assess and prevent further infestation
II. How to check for bed bugs
Anyone facing an infestation wants to know how to contain bed bugs in a single place so they can exterminate them easily – this is not easy. That’s why you must learn how to check for the bugs and discover their favorite hideouts.
- Get clutter out of the way
- Use medical gloves and a flashlight
- Check for blood stains on bed linens and mattresses
- Use a credit card or similar item to run along the seams
- Check the tags, buttons, and straps for any hiding bugs
- Flip mattress to check the underside
- Move furniture away from the walls and check for bugs in the boxspring and between wood pieces
- Check the bedside tables, dresser drawers, cribs, bassinets, pillows, and cushions
- Don’t forget clothes, toys, pet beds, wallpaper, curtains, rugs, carpets, and all appliances
III. How to kill bed bugs in a vacuum
Vacuum cleaners are very useful when it comes to bed bug removal but they are not 100 percent effective. Nevertheless, they are much better to use for this purpose than other methods. To capture as many bugs with a vacuum, follow these simple steps:
- Use the strongest suction power mode and make use of a crevice tool to focus on stubborn areas
- Don’t press a vacuum too hard on fabric
- Tape the nozzle when moving to another infested area so the bugs don’t escape
- Remove the bugs from the vacuum when you are done so they don’t escape through the hose
- Cover the dirtbag with another plastic bag. Use tape to seal it and toss it in the trash away from home
- If you have a bag-less vacuum, empty the bugs in a sealed bag. Wash the removable bin with hot water and soap to kill the remaining bed bugs
- Wash the vacuum filter thoroughly or buy a new one
- Avoid touching the electrical parts of the vacuum with water
- Repeat the vacuuming process
So, what is the Best Vacuum for Bed Bugs After All?
With that said, investing in the best vacuum for bed bugs requires you to make an informed choice. Ensure the vacuum has the necessary features and functions you require. In our opinion, the Eureka EasyClean is an unbeatable option among the top 10 models we’ve reviewed. It provides the best combination of suction power, dust canister capacity, price, multiple settings, and maneuverability.
Hopefully, this review has opened your eyes on how to improve bed bug extermination in your property. All the above 10 vacuums can be used as sole vacuums or you can choose one to accompany your regular cleaner. The ultimate choice depends on you. Make the right one and find your best vacuum for bed bugs.