What is the best handheld vacuum and how to look for the right one
Modern market offers such a huge variety of handheld vacuums with numerous specifications and functions that it may be a bit confusing to name the best one. But there are several sure criteria to find a one which will suits your needs perfectly. First, you should consider what you will use it for and how often.
Second, if you have any pets at home, especially, with long hair, you must think of a pet hair feature on your machine. If you carry your pet in a car or will take your vacuum to different places, then your choice will be a cordless or more lightweight model. In any case, all is based on your needs and a price you consider available for them. For better knowledge and to be sure in your choice, just visit forums or look at the reviews before purchase. Remember, the best-rated handheld cleaner, as a rule, must get not less than 4.5 stars out of 5.
- 1 Before defining more precise criteria to choose the best handheld vacuum cleaner
- 2 Overall
- 3 Take a glance at the best cordless handheld vacuum – BLACK + DECKER CHV1410L
- 4 5 stars out of 5 – the best handheld vacuum for car – Vacplus 12V Wet & Dry Portable
- 5 The best handheld vacuum for stairs – Eureka EasyClean 71B
- 6 Discover the best handheld vacuum for pet hair – Shark SV75Z
- 7 The best handheld carpet vacuum cleaner Black+Decker BDH2000PL – a new pivot tool with improved features
- 8 The best-corded handheld vacuum – Bissell Cleanview Deluxe 47R51 Corded Handheld Vacuum
- 9 Conclusion
Before defining more precise criteria to choose the best handheld vacuum cleaner
Let us determine the types of desired vacuums and, thereby, the features they are to possess.
1. Cordless handheld vacuums.
These machines suggest:
- – lightweight (typically, not more than 4 pounds)
- – Lithium recyclable and replaceable battery
- – Battery level indicator
- – Running time not less 15 minutes
- – Not more 24 for full charge
- – Easy storage
2. Handheld vacuums for cars must be lightweight (not more than 1,5 pounds, corded or cordless, have accessories to reach tough places in a car if corded, the power cord not less 15 feet long, if cordless, battery and its run time as shown in the p. 1
3. Handheld vacuums for stairs, besides other displayed features, must have a set of accessories on board, including a motorized brush, a crevice tool, and a tool for pet hair. As a rule, it must be equipped with a system like Risor Visor for cleaning vertical areas.
4. Handheld vacuums for pet hair must have:
- – Excellent suction power ( not less than 70 on a water lift gauge)
- – Washable filter
- – Be bagless
- – Cleaning accessories, as shown in the p. 3
- – rubberized bottom of a cleaning head
5. Handheld carpet cleaners should have strong suction (not less 30 air watts) and be equipped with a hose (not less than 5 feet).
6. Corded handheld vacuums must provide easy cleaning of hard-to reach places and have a sufficiently long power cord (not less 20 feet).
In addition, all handheld vacuums best to buy have several standard features:
- HEPA filtration system or double filtration
- Washable filter(s)
- Dirt cup capacity not less 1.0L
- Not less 2 years warranty
The manufacturers offer an incredible quantity of devices to satisfy any need of the customer. Keeping in mind all shown above and correlating it with your needs, it will be a lot easier to make a correct choice and buy the best handheld vacuum to make it a perfect assistant in cleaning all over around your home.
Take a glance at the best cordless handheld vacuum – BLACK + DECKER CHV1410L
- 14.4-volt lithium ion battery
- Rotating nozzle
- 2-stage filter – a plastic mesh filter that blocks out larger dirt and an inner cloth for blocking smaller debris
- Battery holds charge for up to 18 months
- Cyclonic action to maintain suction even a dirt cup is full
- Uses 50% less electricity because of the small charge feature(as B&D states)
- Built-in crevice and brush tool
- Despite the small battery, it still has very good suction
- Built-in tools lessen the chances to misplace them
- Cheap(under $60)
- 2-year warranty
- Built-in battery can not be replaced
- Small dirt cup
- Locks in the extendable nozzle gets pushed back when pressure is applied
- Small nozzle
BLACK+DECKER CHV 1410L is one of the best cordless handheld vacuum cleaners. It is designed for a spot cleaning, its nozzle is sufficient for cleaning medium-sized pieces of dirt, but not for any heavy stuff. But very good suction power and a run time up to 30 minutes make it a loving thing to most of the customers who gave their reviews, and 92% of reviewers have recommended this one to their friends. So, it is worthy to try, this best cheap handheld vacuum is lightweight, portable and very functional.
5 stars out of 5 – the best handheld vacuum for car – Vacplus 12V Wet & Dry Portable
Look at its technical parameters:
- Input Current: 6A-8A
- Input Voltage: DC-12v
- Power: 80
- Power Cord Length: 4.2m (12.60ft)
- Vacuum Degree: ≥3000Pa
- Decibel: ≤80DB
- Weight: 21.16oz/600g
- Power Cord: 12.60t /4.2m (L)
- Brush Attachment: 2.76in/70mm (L)
- Extension Hose: 28.35in/720mm (L)
- Crevice Attachment: 5.51in/140mm (L)
- Dimensions: 15.69 x 4.29×4.57in/398.5mm x 109mm x 116mm (L x W x H)
- Great power of suction (it is able to pick up a mobile phone)
- Mini and flexible
- Comes with an Extra Filter, 3 attachments, and a 16.4ft /5m cable to handle with both debris and liquid in your car
- Very handy: a carrying case is provided for housing every part of this nice car cleaner kit
- Sweet & Considerate: You are suggested to wash the filter with the brush included after every use to keep this auto vacuum stylish and lasting.
- Package Includes: 1 x Small Car Vacuum, 1 x Extension Hose, 1 x Brush Attachment, 1 x Crevice Attachment, 1 x 16.4FT (5M) long Lighter Cable, 1 x User Guide and 1 x Carrying Case.
- 1-year warranty, a device will be refunded or replaced with a brand new one if a customer is not satisfied with the purchase
- are not found yet
Vacplus 12V Wet & Dry Portable obviously is the best handheld car vacuum. It is tiny but mighty, deals both with debris and liquids. Try it or get a refund if it disappoints you. No risk at all!
The best handheld vacuum for stairs – Eureka EasyClean 71B
There is a nice tool to solve this issue. Eureka Easy Clean Hand Held 71B Corded Vacuum is just designed for that purpose. Its price less than $40 easily beats the competitors.
But in addition, here are its amazing features:
- Strong suction(70 on a water lift gauge) and powerful 5 amp motor
- RiserVisor System for easy cleaning of vertical areas
- Quietness and lightweight
- Flexible hose and crevice tool with a motorized brush with its own motor, ideal for picking up pet hair
- Washable filter
- Small footprint to be stored in limited space
- Easy fingertip controls
- 20-feet power cordless
- Motor 5 amp
Though, it is necessary to pay some attention to the next peculiarities:
- it fills up quickly
- have some problems on contoured areas like in cars
- in some way messy to clean up
As it is seen, this one is the best rechargeable handheld vacuum cleaner is really cool in thorough cleaning of stairs and all the crevices in a home together with an ideal combination of a price and power.
Discover the best handheld vacuum for pet hair – Shark SV75Z
If you have any pets in your dwelling, you surely know that cleaning after them makes certain troubles, but in the most cases, it is limited by the places they like to stay on or in, cozy furniture, corners, etc.
So, you need a small, convenient, lightweight, and cordless cleaner to pick up pet hair or dirt around an eating place, or pieces of mud brought from outdoors.
Let us look at Shark SV75Z model of a vacuum for pet hair, smaller areas, and car cleaning. It has dirt cyclonic separation and washable mechanical filter. It uses NiMH batteries, which provide plenty of power. It comes with motorized brush and crevice tool.
- Comes with motorized brush and crevice tool, which is not so common in vacuums of this price range (below 50$)
- Shark SV75Z is powered with 15.6 V NiMH battery, thanks to it suction is good, and does its job perfectly
- Controls are located on the handle and are easily reached by only one finger
- Perfect air filtration which is done in two stages – cyclonic separation and mechanical filter.
- ‘Twister Cyclone Technology’ to provide good suction even when dirt cup is full
- Easily detachable and washable mechanical filter
- Bagless, a dust cup is easily emptied
- Lightweight (3.28 pounds), easy to operate even by kids
- Has no HEPA filtration
This is the best-rated vacuum to deal with pet hair. Shark Cordless SV75Z model has got 4.7 stars from the reviewers as the best cordless handheld vacuum for pet hair and hard-to-reach small areas. It is very easy to use, powerful, and lightweight. Just a perfect tool to pick up a mess after your pets. Plus very attractive price! If you consider the absence of HEPA filter is of vital importance, then it is better to choose for the more expensive model. This one is an ideal combination of a price and productivity.
The best handheld carpet vacuum cleaner Black+Decker BDH2000PL – a new pivot tool with improved features
Black+Decker BDH2000PL has appeared on the market relatively recently with a few improved features in comparison with previous models. It is powered by a 20-volt lithium battery, has a flap inside a nozzle to prevent debris from falling out, a charging base that allows storing a vacuum upright, a removable dirt cup, has 35 watts air flow, a cyclonic action which maintains suction power even the dirt cup gets full. Surely, it is a great handheld carpet cleaner!
- Strong suction (35 air watts, while the DC44/59 has 28 air watts on normal mode)
- Small footprint
- Lithium battery does not get discharged when not in use
- 2-year warranty
- Easy to empty
- Battery can be replaced
- Minimal power fade throughout the charging cycle
- Has 15 minutes of run time without fading in suction power
- Can not clean pet hair from carpets(has no special brush)
- Is not a tool for bare floors, needs extension
Black+Decker BDH2000PL carpet cleaner is a great tool for small and medium-sized homes or for cleaning messy spots and cars. At the current time, there are not any negative reviews of this product. It means that B&D has designed a great gift for us!
The best-corded handheld vacuum – Bissell Cleanview Deluxe 47R51 Corded Handheld Vacuum
- Dimensions 10 x 5 x 8 inches
- Weight 4.7 pounds
- Power Rating 4 Amps
- Power cord 18 inches
- Powerful suction
- Convenient, curved handle with power switch on the end
- Easy to empty dust cup
- Rubber contour nozzle, hose-adapter nozzle, wide-mouth tool, crevice tool
- HEPA Media Filtration System
- Power cord wrapping system
- 1-year warranty (though it is typical for this row of vacuums)
This corded handheld vacuum is a very versatile, reliable, functional tool with powerful suction which never fades. Very easy to use, convenient, has all necessary accessories. Good thing for a price!
The handheld vacuum consumer reports show how that manufacturers offer a plenty of various products to satisfy any need, requirements and a wallet. It is not that simple to run after the modern technologies now. They will be ahead all over the time. So, if you need a handheld model, do not claim it to have a free Wi-Fi and a TV set aboard, though why not at the nearest future. The vacuums have the main function – to clean your home perfectly. Thai is it!
According to customers reviews, the most popular features in their vacuums to be rated are the power of suction, versatility, accessories, weight, easiness of usage and maintenance. Other features are secondary.
As for the best-buy handheld vacuum, it is easy to find full information on the websites of retailers, because the sales at Amazon surely will differ from the sales somewhere else. Put your needs in the first place, choose a model to buy and then, finally, read the reviews. Most surely, you will make a good purchase then.